The lack of Canadian experience is one of the most common obstacles for newcomers as they pursue meaningful work in their new country. Many report that they continue to face this challenge even after two or more years of living in Canada. But, what does “lack of Canadian work experience” actually mean?
In this webinar:
Our panel of industry experts advise participants on job search strategies and discuss keys questions such as:
- Do Canadian employers hire job seekers who are the right fit for the role regardless of the fact that they are newcomers?
- Can survival jobs count as Canadian work experience?
- Where does the law stand when it comes to employers asking about Canadian work experience?
- How can internationally trained professionals demonstrate to Canadian employers that they have what it takes to fit in Canadian workplaces?
Click on the “Play” button to view the webinar.
- Tasneem Ayub, Marketing Manager at RBC (Canada InfoNet program alumni)
- Michelle Hannikainen, Robert Half Management Resources
- Karin Lewis, Employment Counsellor and Social Media Specialist, JVS Toronto
- Irene Vaksman, Director of Newcomer Services, JVS Toronto