Frequently Asked Questions

This section contains responses to frequently asked questions on issues of settlement, education and employment.

Canada InfoNet offers services to eligible individuals who have been approved for a Canadian immigrant visa.


For more information on immigration, visas and work permits, visit the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website at

Canada InfoNet is a FREE employment acceleration and mentorship program. The program is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. If you have an approved Immigrant visa (PR) and are outside of Canada, you can sign up for the program at no cost.  


At least one of the following documents is required:

  • An IRCC invitation to obtain pre-arrival services
  • A Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) letter/document
  • A passport request letter that indicates Permanent Resident visa issuance
  • An IRCC request that an applicant for permanent residence complete a medical examination
  • A Single Entry Permanent Resident Visa
  • A Permanent Resident Visa pick up notification letter

Services are offered in English and French.

The Canada InfoNet employment acceleration & mentorship program is designed to help you get ready for the unique Canadian job market. We will provide you with occupation-specific information and resources to understand and prepare for the challenges that you may come across once you arrive in Canada.


Once you register with the program, you will be connected to an employment specialist who will take you through the various services of the program and help you create a tailored job search strategy for your employment needs, including; a resume and cover letter, relevant labor market information, connection to a Canadian professional in your field for mentorship and employer connections through our job board.

Using these resources, many of our program participants have been able to find employment faster. 

Regulated professions or occupations are those that set their own standards and that require workers to have a license to practice. About 20% of jobs in Canada require you to have a license for public safety reasons. Regulated occupations include nurses, doctors, engineers, teachers, accountants and electricians. You need special education and experience before you can get your license to work in most regulated occupations. 

Non-regulated jobs do not require a license. About 80% of Canadian workers are employed in non-regulated occupations. The non-regulated job market is an excellent place to begin your career in Canada. If you are an internationally educated professional, you can work in a non-regulated job while you become licensed in a regulated profession, or to gain Canadian work experience.

From more information visit,

Once you demonstrate the skills and abilities acquired from previous experience, lack of Canadian experience should not discourage you from applying for a position.

Canada InfoNet’s eight-week employment acceleration & mentorship program can help you prepare for challenges like this.  For more information, visit

As everyone’s circumstances are unique, it is not possible to say if any education or certification upgrading will be required. As experts in their field, Canada InfoNet employment specialists will be happy to assist you in exploring this, and all other employment related questions. Through the program you can connect to a Canadian professional in your field for mentorship who can also guide you regarding skill enhancement. 

You are encouraged to start applying for jobs 8 to 10 weeks before you come to Canada. Employers want people who can start working within a short period of time and have become more open to qualified candidates who have a valid PR before landing in Canada. To increase your chances for a potential interview, you should have a “Canadian style” resume. 

For employment resources in the Greater Toronto area, visit JVS Toronto’s Newcomer Programs at

For more information, visit,

Below are the eligibility criteria:

  • Internationally educated professionals relocating to Canada in the next 2 to 12 months.
  • Approved Permanent Resident visa.
  • Worked in a specific profession or trade for a minimum of 2 years prior to arriving in Canada. 
  • Able to communicate in English or French with minimum CLB of 7.

To make the most of mentorship, we recommend that you have a basic level of understanding of the Canadian job market. Ideally you should have gone through an initial process of preparation, enrolled in a pre-arrival program, performed some research, and completed a first draft of a resume and cover letter. Your Employment Specialist can assist you with finding a mentoring match.

Canada InfoNet is a national pre-arrival program connecting eligible participants arriving in any province (excluding Quebec) to an experienced professional in your field for mentorship. Having more time before arrival increases your chances of being connected to a mentor.