In the this webinar, we are going to delve deeper into the topic of “Canadian” work experience. Our panelists who are industry experts will advise participants on job search strategies and discuss keys questions.
- Do Canadian employers hire job seekers who are the right fit for the role regardless of the fact that they are newcomers?
- What does “lack of Canadian work experience” actually mean?
- Can survival jobs count as Canadian work experience?
- Where does the law stand when it comes to employers asking about Canadian work experience?
- How can internationally trained professionals demonstrate to Canadian employers that they have what it takes to fit in Canadian workplaces?
During the webinar, participants had the opportunity to get their questions answered live by the experts on the panel.
Click on the “Play” button to view the webinar.
Tasneem Ayub, Marketing Manager at RBC (Canada InfoNet program alumni)
Michelle Hannikainen, Robert Half Management Resources
Karin Lewis, Employment Counsellor and Social Media Specialist, JVS Toronto
Irene Vaksman, Director of Newcomer Services, JVS Toronto