Connecting approved immigrating professionals with a variety of English or French pre-arrival employment services, the Canada InfoNet program includes access to:
- A dedicated Canadian employment specialist.
- A Canada specific resume builder.
- Employment support eLearnings.
- Business communications course.
- An introduction to customer service skills.
- Online job matching.
- Industry geared webinars and information sessions.
- An industry specific Canadian mentor.
With a dedicated Canadian employment specialist, who possess in depth knowledge of the Canadian labour market, participants will receive services unique to them and their profession. The employment specialist will directly connect with participants in order to understand their needs and determine what employment services they would benefit from most.
These services, along with referrals to relevant employment support services within the province the participant will be moving to, ensure that they have the best start for their future career in Canada.
This two-tiered learning path is focused on getting participants hired and helping them succeed once they get hired. With 19 self-paced eLearning modules, these sessions provide guidance on some of the most relevant employment related topics, such as:
- Setting goals, writing winning cover letters and resumes, as well as how to connect with the right people through face-to-face and online networking.
- Interview preparation, skills and support.
- Demonstrating performance, giving and receiving feedback, as well as how to participate in the performance review process in a Canadian work place.
- Managing relationships at work, effective communication and negotiation skills.
As one of the most important pieces of a job application, the resume is more than just a list of experiences; it tells employers what makes a candidate unique and why they should interview them. The interactive resume builder, offered in both English and French, is an excellent tool that will allow participants to:
- Create a Canadian style resume, in their own time, in a section by section format.
- Access downloadable and printable resume samples and resources.
- Gain an understanding of how to format resumes to target a specific position.
- Highlight their industry specific experience and how they can support the employer’s goals.
Once a basic resume and cover letter have been created, participants can schedule an online, one-on-one meeting with an employment specialist who will conduct a review and provide feedback.
With a team of dedicated volunteer mentors, Canada InfoNet’s unique mentoring sessions provide participants with the opportunity to:
- Take control of their career path by learning from people who have been where they are.
- Learn about Canadian employment culture and the unique skills needed to succeed.
- Improve interpersonal, assertiveness, and professional communication skills.
- Learn how to network and comfortably integrate into new professional settings.
This session is for professionals looking to enhance their business communication skills to suit the Canadian work environment. Developed in consultation with Canadian employers, this session uses self-directed, guided and interactive teaching methods to improve participants’ language skills quickly. This course will support participants in:
- Enhancing their workplace communication skills in their field, as required by Canadian employers.
- Advance their career and achieve success in the Canadian market place.
According to recent labour market surveys, one of Canada’s most in demand skills for many occupations is Customer service. This interactive session will help participants acquire the skills and knowledge necessary for creating memorable service experiences which will add value to any customer-centric employer. The certificate provided at the end of this session will add value to participants in customer facing occupations ranging from sales, marketing, supply-chain, human resources, banking, IT help desk, healthcare, education and many others.
Building on the resume created during the eight-week program, the Online Job Matching Platform – MAGNET allows participants to create a profile, upload resumes and social media information, and get connected to postings from recruiters, employers, Canada Job Bank, partnering agencies, and more. Employment specialists will support participants in building an effective profile and applying for jobs on MAGNET.
These periodic webinars feature industry specific employers and guest speakers who cover topics that provide participants with information on the uniqueness of the Canadian job market, and how to succeed within it. Benefits of the webinars include:
- Helping participants become job-ready by increasing their awareness of how their profession is practiced in Canada.
- Introducing them to potential employers who can answer their industry specific questions.
- Enhancing their chances for better and faster integration.
- Engaging employers with the pre-arrival talent pool to fill shortages.