Newcomer Employment Services
New to Canada? We have services that will help you find a job!
Canadian Workplace Communication For Internationally Educated Professionals in Banking/Finance, Information Technology and Architecture
Canadian Workplace Communication is an English-language training program designed to improve your sector-specific communication skills and help you find a job!
- In-class and online English instruction
- Canadian workplace sector-specific terminology
- Job search support from employment professionals
- Professional networks and Canadian mentors
- Updated Canadian Language Benchmark
- Direct connections to Canadian employers
- Exclusive internships and job placements
- A certificate upon completion of the program
For session dates and to register, contact:
(416) 649- 1700 or email@example.com
IPLAN – Immigrant Professionals Leveraging Architectural Knowledge for New Opportunities
IPLAN programs are a unique blend of academic and workplace training designed to help you build on your international education and work experience by gaining the knowledge and skills to help you integrate into the architectural workplace in Ontario.
- Architectural courses at Ryerson University
- Sector-specific employment workshops at JVS Toronto
- Licensing information from the Ontario Association of Architects (OAA)
- Mentoring, internships and work placements
- Job search coaching and support
Contact us today for eligibility, upcoming sessions, fees and program details:
(416) 649-1700 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ISAGE – International Skills Applied for Geriatrics
A Bridge Training Program for International Healthcare and Educational Professionals
Are you an internationally trained doctor, nurse, teacher, social worker or psychologist? Do you come from a related profession that requires a licence in Canada? Join an innovative career training program to explore alternative employment in the high demand field of Social Services for Geriatrics.
- 3 academic courses delivered by George Brown College: Fundamentals of Gerontology, Essentials of Counselling, and Recreation 1: Therapeutic Interventions
- Sector-specific workplace essentials and communication training at JVS Toronto
- Job shadowing and support
- Mentoring opportunities
- Job orientation and shadowing, internships and work placements
- Employer information sessions and job connections
For session start dates and to register, contact: (416) 649-1585 email@example.com
Job Search Support
Job Search Workshop for Newcomers
Looking for information on how to enter your field in Canada? Give us four days and we will give you more confidence and an understanding of your occupation in Canada. You will learn what skills and qualifications companies want and where the jobs are.
- An assessment of your unique needs
- One-on-one job search coaching
- Resume building
- Job search assistance and support
- A personalized action plan
- Certificate of completion
- A computerized environment to learn about job search strategies and Canadian business perspectives
- Access to job postings
Sessions happen twice monthly. Contact us today for the upcoming schedule.
(416) 649-1603 or JSW@jvstoronto.org
TRIEC Mentoring Partnership
Find a mentor to help you progress your career in Canada. If you are an immigrant with a professional background, TRIEC Mentoring Partnership will connect you with a supportive mentor who works in your field in Canada. By talking to a mentor who shares your professional background and knows how the local labour market works, you can get a head start on your professional journey in Canada. In fact, 75% of mentoring participants find a job in their professional field within one year.
A mentor can help you:
- Understand Canadian industry trends
- Develop more effective job search strategies
- Build your professional network
- Find ways of leveraging your experience and skills
Contact us today to register:
(416) 649-1686 or Andrada.Peta-Dragos@jvstoronto.org