About Canada InfoNet
» Nova Scotia
Immigrant Settlement and Integration Services
- ISIS recognizes the essential role of immigrants in Canadian society and works with newcomers to help them build a future in Canada. Using a client-centred approach, ISIS provides a wide range of services to immigrants, from refugee resettlement to professional bridging programs, from family counseling to English in the Workplace (Nova Scotia-specific).
YMCA Immigrant Programs
- The purpose of YMCA Immigrant Programs is to help immigrants to Canada settle into their new homes in the Halifax Regional Municipality.
- Canada Wise provides settlement and information services for newcomers to Canada, including individual relocation, corporate relocation, and intercultural training.
SOS Canada 2000
- A broad and vast resource offering basic information about everything Canadian. Sections on immigration, employment, education, and links of government services.
- Applewood Immigration & Settlement Services has been successfully serving immigration clients for nearly four years, steering them safely through each stage of the immigration process.
Nova Scotia Nominee Program
- The Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) offers a quicker entry into Canada for qualified workers and experienced entrepreneurs who wish to settle in Nova Scotia and become permanent residents of Canada.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- Information for immigrants, refugees and visitors to Canada. Includes employment authorization, immigration applications, sponsorship and services available to newcomers.
Service Canada: Services for Newcomers to Canada
- Information about Government services for newcomers to Canada from acquiring personal documents to employment and raising a family.
Nova Scotia Department of Health
- Nova Scotia governmental site explaining how to obtain provincial health insurance and services.
Nova Scotia Office of Immigration's Guide to Housing
- Offers information on locations, finding accomodations, insurance, utilities, and legal considerations.
Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation
- Canada’s national housing agency. Information on buying a home, renting a home, mortgages, maintaining a home, safety in the home, renovations, and more.
CMHC Housing for Newcomers
- Information specifically for newcomers from Canada's national housing agency in eight different languages. Learn about renting, owning, and maintaining a home in Canada.
- Housing rental search for Halifax and surrounding area.
- Housing rental search for NS cities
Canadian Real Estate Association's Multiple Listing Service http://www.realtor.ca/index.aspx?cul=1 Property information from realtors across Canada.
Canadian Citizenship & Immigration Resource Center
- Immigration law site features information on Canadian immigration and Canada employment placement services and visas.
Canadian Human Rights Commission
- Promotes knowledge of human rights in Canada, and to encourage people to follow principles of equality. To help reduce barriers to equality in employment and access to services.
Canadian Law Information
- provides Canadian law information in plain, straightforward English.
Service Canada: Driver's Licence
- Links to each province's driver's licence information page.
Nova Scotia Office of Immigration--Transportation
- Information on air travel, trains, public transport, bus, and ferry services.
Nova Scotia Office of Immigration--Our Culture
- Information on Nova Scotia's history, society, and culture.
Government of Canada: On Canadian Culture
- Learn about canadian visual art, film, theatre, dance music, and literature.
Culture Crossing: Guide to Canada
- Learn about Canadian social etiquette and culture.
Videos and Webinars
Prince Edward Island (PEI)
Newfoundland and Labrador
Guides and Rules of Conduct
This project has been funded by the
Foreign Credentials Referral Office
within Citizenship and Immigration Canada
and is managed by JVS Toronto