About Canada InfoNet
» British Columbia
Affiliation of Multicultural Societies and Service Agencies of BC
AMSSA's programs and services provide professional, accurate, and detailed information and support on issues involving multiculturalism, immigration, and human rights to members, businesses and government.
List of Immigrant Serving Agencies in BC
- Organized by region; Provided by the Affiliation of Multicultural Societies and Service Agencies of BC.
- Canada Wise provides settlement and information services for newcomers to Canada, including individual relocation, corporate relocation, and intercultural training.
- BC211 is committed to enabling British Columbians to access and use community resources through quality information and referral services.
SOS Canada 2000
- A broad and vast resource offering basic information about everything Canadian. Sections on immigration, employment, education, and links of government services.
- Applewood Immigration & Settlement Services has been successfully serving immigration clients for nearly four years, steering them safely through each stage of the immigration process.
Welcome to BC--Settle in British Columbia
- BC's main immigration website, outlines a variety of government services and resources.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- Information for immigrants, refugees and visitors to Canada. Includes employment authorization, immigration applications, sponsorship and services available to newcomers.
Service Canada: Services for Newcomers to Canada
- Information about Government services for newcomers to Canada from acquiring personal documents to employment and raising a family.
British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program
- This program is designed to support Alberta's economic growth by attracting work-ready immigrants to the province. Successful applicants will receive a certificate that will speed-up the Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa application process.
British Columbia Ministry of Health Services
- BC governmental site explaining how to obtain provincial health insurance and services.
- BC Housing is the provincial crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those in greatest need.
Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation
- Canada’s national housing agency. Information on buying a home, renting a home, mortgages, maintaining a home, safety in the home, renovations, and more.
CMHC Housing for Newcomers
- Information specifically for newcomers from Canada's national housing agency in eight different languages. Learn about renting, owning, and maintaining a home in Canada.
- Apartment Guide .ca is dedicated to helping you with apartment rental in the greater Vancouver BC area.
- Housing rental search for various BC cities.
Canadian Real Estate Association's Multiple Listing Service
- Property information from realtors across Canada.
Canadian Citizenship & Immigration Resource Center
- Immigration law site features information on Canadian immigration and Canada employment placement services and visas.
Canadian Human Rights Commission
- Promotes knowledge of human rights in Canada, and to encourage people to follow principles of equality. To help reduce barriers to equality in employment and access to services.
Canadian Law Information
- provides Canadian law information in plain, straightforward English.
Service Canada: Driver's Licence
- Links to each province's driver's licence information page.
Public Transit in British Columbia (from World Web)
- Links to BC cities' public transit websites.
Tourism BC--Culture and History
- Learn about British Columbia's history and culture.
Government of Canada: On Canadian Culture
- Learn about canadian visual art, film, theatre, dance music, and literature.
Culture Crossing: Guide to Canada
- Learn about Canadian social etiquette and culture.
Videos and Webinars
Prince Edward Island (PEI)
Newfoundland and Labrador
Guides and Rules of Conduct
About Canada InfoNet
This project has been funded by the
Foreign Credentials Referral Office
within Citizenship and Immigration Canada
and is managed by JVS Toronto